billinghampoolie1908 wrote:
Fenwick was on fire last season so what does Moore do starts dropping him changing his position and basically ruining his career at pools. Ronnie will live and die by decisions like this at pools at the minute he is dying a slow death. Fenwick will disappear to another club and get goals. Once again it will be our loss. We score one goal in a game and thats about it so whether we sort the defence or midfield out I'm still not convinced we will fully benefit from it if we did. I love Bingham but If you miss seven or eight guilt edge chances in a month at home you wont win matches.
I think this is part of the problem. I think we have a section of support blowing an unbelievable amount of smoke up the lads arse and he's possibly believing this hype. He was commenting on social media about a daft barely likely rumour about him being linked to Portsmouth before a ball had even been kicked this season. Even if it's just to say 'no comment' he really shouldn't be getting involved with stuff like that.
Was he really 'on fire' last season? He signed in November and scored 6 goals. Paynter has more already this season and some people want him dropped! He did well considering where he'd came from and some of those goals were crucial ones. He did well in certain games in others he looked massively out of depth, that is probably to be expected. He started the season in team in his general play was poor but has scored a couple of decent goals against Newport and Sheffield United. Since we changed from a front three to a two his opportunities have been less. Someone commented that some people 'don't like him' on this thread, I don't think that's the case I just think a section totally overate him. He has a chance of making a career for himself but he needs to stop sulking, stop believing in the hype and to get his head down. The season is a long one, he will get chances, when he get's he probably needs to play a bit better than he has been though.